A specialist in injuries and damage to the hip in patients without arthritis, Dr. Carreira welcomes patients as young as adolescents. He treats hip injuries especially in active people, ranging from professional athletes to weekend warriors who wish to return to an active lifestyle including hiking and sport.
If nonoperative treatments, which may include medications, activity modification, and physical therapy, fail and do not provide significant pain relief and improved function, surgery may be a treatment option.
Along with nonoperative treatments, Dr. Carreira offers minimally invasive hip arthroscopy to treat many hip-related issues. In addition to those problems listed below, Dr. Carreira also treats external snapping hip.
The following is a partial list of hip problems that Dr. Carreira treats.
- Acetabular Labrum Tear
- Chondrolabral Dysfunction
- Femoroacetabular Impingement (FAI)
- Hip Allograft Labrum Reconstruction
- Hip Instability
- Internal Snap
- Ligamentum Teres Tear
- Limited Arthritis / Focal Cartilage Damage
- Pigmented Villonodular Synovitis (PVNS)
- Proximal Hamstring Tendinosis and Partial Ruptures
- Synovial Chondromatosis