A specialist in injuries and damage to the hip, ankle, and foot, Dr. Carreira welcomes patients from the age of adolescence to the elderly.
If nonoperative treatments, which may include medications, activity modification, and physical therapy, fail and do not provide significant pain relief and improved function, surgery may be a treatment option.
Along with nonoperative treatments, Dr. Carreira offers minimally invasive hip arthroscopy to treat many hip-related issues. In addition to those problems listed below, Dr. Carreira also treats external snapping hip.
The following is a partial list of hip problems that Dr. Carreira treats.
- Acetabular Labrum Tear
- Chondrolabral Dysfunction
- Femoroacetabular Impingement (FAI)
- Hip Allograft Labrum Reconstruction
- Hip Instability
- Internal Snap
- Ligamentum Teres Tear
- Limited Arthritis / Focal Cartilage Damage
- Pigmented Villonodular Synovitis (PVNS)
- Proximal Hamstring Tendinosis and Partial Ruptures
- Synovial Chondromatosis