Tired and achy feet can simply be a result of standing too long. But some foot or ankle issues may be symptoms of more serious problems. How do you know when you need to get medical attention from a foot and ankle orthopedic surgeon?
Make an Appoint with a Foot and Ankle Orthopedic Surgeon
Make an appointment with a Foot and Ankle Orthopedic Surgeon if you experience pain with any of the following:
- Pain that persists for more than 72 hours or that increases with walking
- Pain after an ankle sprain
- “Clicking,” “locking” or “catching” in the ankle
- High-arched feet or at flatfeet that become painful
- Arthritis in the foot or ankle after an old injury
- Achilles tendon injury
- Ankle or foot fracture
- Deformity of the foot or ankle
- Curling of one or multiple toes
- Painless ulcers or blisters on the feet
This patient education campaign is sponsored by the American Orthopaedic Foot & Ankle Society. Dr. Dominic Carreira is an active member of the AOFAS.